Do and Don't in Home Decoration Should Be On Your Cheklist
custom.com.hk - For most of us, home is a place to live, sleep, eat, gather with family etc. when we build it, we expect it will last long. However, after several years passed, there are scratches, faded colors and torn. Yup, it’s time to rebuild your home. Hey, wait a minute, what if my home is still strong and solid, do I have to rebuild it? In this case, you only need to re-decorate it.
Here are some things you definitely should do in home decoration
Possibly, you don’t know where to start it. Let us enlighten you on what you need to do and don’t in decorating your home. We will start from “Do” first.
- In lighting, you can think of using the natural light in the room. Install clear windows to allow sunlight comes in. The blend among overhead, ambient, and task lighting are needed at night. Use LED lamp to make it brighter and save your bucks.
- Furniture can be tricky. It is better to get the best quality couch you can afford. It looks expensive at the beginning, but, soon you will realize that you saved a lot in the long run. Next, calculate the size when buying furniture and rugs. Please make sure the rug will cover all of the furniture. You can ensure that all the pieces of furniture fit on the rug. The distance between wall and furniture is very important to make a closer relationship.
- Look at the existing artwork and fabric to create a color scheme, decorate around your favorite item. Remember to hang artwork at eye level.
- You can research the basic rules and mathematics of decorating, basic rules of decorating with patterns and follow them. Yes, we know you have creativity, but, still you have to obey the basic concept.
- Use the pillows attentively.
Know the don't(s) in home decoration
After you know what you have to DO, then, we move to the next step. We will explain things that you need to be eluded in decorating your precious home.
- DON’T ignore dimmer switches, place them correctly.
- DON’T paint your home without testing the color on the wall. Different wall material can influence the final result.
- DON’T decorate with violent colored sofa, like bright yellow, or orange.
- DON’T buy a shag rug; and don’t use an area rug that is too small. It is better to cover the whole area.
- DON’T installing marble countertop.
- DON’T decorate in rush and be brave with patterns. If something is done in rush, it won’t make perfect result, I can guarantee that.
- DON’T put off basic renovations until after you move in. They are essential and basically must be done before you stay.
- DON’T purchase cheap furniture. Cheap products are always tempting. You might think you save your money. But after few months, it starts broken, the stitches or nail begin to crack. Avoid placing all the furniture against the walls. You need a mix between them.
- DON’T buy matching sets of furniture. It risks you in the future, you have to find an exact product if one of them is broken. Tiring.
- DON’T cover floors with white carpeting, as it will be dirty soon.
- DON’T create rooms that are too “themed”. It will limit your creativity.
- DON’T have too much mess.
- DON'T be afraid to mix high items with low items. Remember to put them on eye-level. Last but not least,
- DON'T let anyone else tell you how you should or shouldn't decorate.
After this not–so–short discussion, we could say that you need to make a brief and clear plan before you decorate your home. One thing to remember, this is your home, not anyone else’s. So, you decide the best décor in your opinion.